Health & Safety
ScotAsh achieved 10 years without a Lost Time Injury to staff or contractors in November 2012 and our team strives daily to maintain exemplary standards of Health and Safety.
We operate a Health and Safety Management System, which is certified to OHSAS 18001.
Elements of our approach to health and safety include:
- A well-communicated health and safety policy that is reviewed annually by the Board
- Documented health and safety practices
- Workplace health and safety audits, including behavioural safety audits and STOP! risk assessments
- Action plans are drawn up to address any issues emerging
- We operate an uncompromising Drug and Alcohol policy
- We hold monthly health, safety, environment and quality meetings
- We hold regular toolbox talks on health and safety issues
- We have a lone worker alarm system, linked to the control room at Longannet Power Station. If the wearer does not move for 90 seconds, it sends an automatic distress signal
- We hold “time out for safety” events, to think, talk and learn more about safety. These include setting challenging practical safety exercises using topical scenarios.